01 Apr Administrative Assistant needed
Our vision is to recruit and empower volunteers to reflect God’s restorative and inclusive love within the criminal justice system and wider society, to foster healthier communities.
Purpose of Position:
Under the direction of the Office Manager, this position is responsible to work closely with the Office Manager to ensure some of the Operational activities of M2W2 are successfully administered.
Nature of work and position links:
This position works directly with the Office Manager, the Executive Director and public.
Specific Accountabilities/ Deliverables
- Develop and maintain the Social presence of M2W2 on Facebook, Twitter and the Website.
- Creating fundraising initiatives through social media
- Managing the website and other social media accounts.
- Develop electronic media presentations to be used in churches, clubs, etc.
- Develop brochures, flyers and other marketing material
- Responsible for filing, organizing, answering phones
- Creating agenda and keep team meeting minutes.
- Represent M2W2 at community events: Mission Fest, etc.
- Participate and be part of the planning team for volunteer training events.
- Be available to assist with any planned events
- Provide general research assistance as needed by the Executive Director.
- Minimum of 1 year of reception, clerical, or administrative support experience.
- Ability to speak and write English fluently to provide excellent communications.
- Good telephone etiquette and previous experience working with multiple phone lines.
- Possess excellent computer skills, specifically with Microsoft Office Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Outlook and Adobe InDesign.
- Must be detailed oriented, able to multi-task, and possess excellent interpersonal and written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to work within a team environment.
Job Type: Full-time
Job Location: M2W2 office, Abbotsford, BC
Required experience: Administration, 1 year
Required education: Diploma/Certificate
Application deadline: April 12, 2016
Start date: May 1, 2016
Please do send cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org